What you'll love...
Hold on to all the amazing adventures you’ll have this summer!
Make summer fun
See the world with a fresh eye through photography!
Connect with your family
Family is everything… use photography to bring everyone closer together!
Finally master your camera. It’s a powerful tool and we’ll teach you how to use it!
Do you feel like you are falling short when it comes to taking great pictures of your kids? Maybe there are buttons on your camera that are a mystery? Or perhaps you need some help to make your pictures look more creative and less like snapshots?
What if you could get the help, motivation and inspiration you need without going to a local community college or taking a weekend away from your family for a photography seminar? That would be awesome.
The Short Course is designed to give parents a boost in their photography skills in a way that suits busy families. Learn how to capture better pictures of your children with this condensed 8-week course covering key topics. Work at your own pace, share your progress in a private Facebook group with other parents doing the same lessons, and really make the most of your camera!
Summer Course registration is now open! The summer course begins June 12th.
- 8 photography lessons covering technical and creative concepts to help you take better pictures of your family and master your camera. Lessons are 3 pages long and delivered once a week in PDF format.
- To keep you on track, lessons have suggested assignments for you to complete as well as creative prompts to get you started.
- Membership in a private Facebook group with other parents who are participating in your 8-week session. The group is a great way to share your progress and get feedback from other participants.
- A substantial discount code from MPIX.com for a beautiful album to show off the images you have captured during the course.
- Framing / understanding Aperture
- Motion / understanding Shutter Speed
- Details, Longshots & Point of View / understanding Manual Mode
- Texture & Pattern
- Candids, Impact & Authenticity
The 8-week course is offered several times per year. It is the same course each time. The next course runs:
SUMMER : JUNE 12 - AUGUST 6
(Registration opens May 15)
The course is designed for parents using a DSLR, mirrorless, or creative-controlled camera with any type of lens(es). You will practice new techniques by photographing your own children. This course is not for professional photographers. For more info, see the FAQs.
Amy and Heidi have taught thousands of parents how to use their cameras while boosting creativity. Their goal is to include as much content as possible in a short amount of time, while keeping everything in a fun, achievable format. You will notice that the lessons become more and more challenging through week 6 with the final two weeks working on topics that "put it all together".
By the end of the course you will feel more confident about how your camera works and your ability to photograph your family in a meaningful and authentic way. Plus, Amy & Heidi will help you every step of the way!